Some of my favorite knitting bloggers tagged me for the 'You Make My Day Award.' How very sweet and thank you so much.
I only recently discovered Mary Jane's blog: Mary Jane, Midge & Mink. In addition to my late discovery of Mary Jane's blog, I experienced another "duh moment" when I realized one day, while fondly gazing at one of my favorite sweater patterns from Interweave Knits, that the pattern designer was Mary Jane! Hopefully, this slip in recognition isn't any indication of my mind growing slower as I age... Part of the reason I had not recognized Mary Jane as a knitwear designer is because of my adoration of her beautiful photos, thus my ignorance of her knitting expertise.
My other nomination came from Lara at Yarnit. She is back in college right now and in much of the same situation as I am at the moment. I appreciate her sharing her own journey to self-discovery and self-fulfillment during a huge transition in her life. I know how difficult it can be to weigh out all the obligations.
For nominations, the rules are as follows:
"Give the award to 10 people whose blogs bring you happiness and inspiration and make you feel happy about blogland. Let them know by posting a comment on their blog so they can pass it on. Beware you may get the award several times."
Like Mary Jane mentioned, it is difficult to choose only 10 other bloggers (and as you'll see, I didn't---yes, I cheated). Truly each blog I read makes my day. I read many, many blogs but not all of them everyday. So here is my attempt to whittle them down to the ones I read every day (or at least when they update).
- Knitting Iris----I don't ever miss Siri's blog.
- Beauty that Moves Lots to love here.
- Bella Dia--Check out her re-purposing series.
- Blue Yonder A must!
- Dustpan Alley Always good for serious thought or laughs.
- House on Hill Road Wonderful project ideas.
- A Friend to Knit With Lovely knitting and parenting.
- I Have to Say... The kind of peaceful parenting & living I admire.
- Kirstencan A fellow nerd... ;-) And crafty mom.
- Uncommon Grace Beautiful and mindful parenting.
***I didn't nominate Megan at The Scent of Water (because Mary Jane did---but I love Megan's blog, and I didn't nominate Mary Jane's blog for obvious reasons, though it would be on my list)!
****Also, might I add a few blogs that are new to me? Please do check them out:
- Ysolda (She is a young knitwear designer. Not only do I LOVE her designs, but her instructions are very helpful and she continues to update them through user feedback. I found her You-tube instructional video on the Long-tail Provisional Cast-on very helpful).
- Still Life in Yarn A new friend.
- The Scent of Green Bananas (yum).
- Linaloo Another new friend.
- Lunch in a Box (Need I mention again how helpful Biggie's site is?)
Oh, and then there are my favorite Flickr friends that don't have blogs...
- Ex. Libris' ---A fellow Mr. Bento lover, I follow her food, gardening, and life adventures through Flickr. I'm also VERY jealous because she's a librarian ;-)!
- Cauchy---Wonderful knitting and a wry sense of humor.
- Camilla1967-----Catch-your-breath photos (check out those horse images) and a fellow fiber addict.
- Clouded Maple---Another Laptop Lunchbox junkie and photographer.
- Pocket Farmer----Knitting, Maine, farming, recipes, and a sense of humor.
Phew, my right clicking finger is tired now...